Senior Protocol Engineer - Remote
Saga's mission is to give developers what they need to build the next 1000 chains in the multichain metaverse, or multiverse.
We are a protocol for automatically provisioning application-specific blockchains in the multiverse. We are rearchitecting developer and end-user interactions with blockchains. Using shared security, innovations in validator orchestration, and an automated CI/CD deployment pipeline standardized across apps in single-tenant VMs, Saga makes launching a dedicated blockchain, or chainlet, as easy as deploying a smart contract.
Saga’s initial focus will be on gaming and entertainment chains. As the metaverse expands, performance requirements and end-user expectations are climbing higher and higher, and crypto-based applications must deliver.
Our vision is ambitious, and we need the smartest and most determined engineers to join us on our journey. We are a world-class team of veteran web3 entrepreneurs and builders from Ignite (Tendermint), Apple, Twitter, NVIDIA, and Skuchain, and we’re looking to grow.
We offer a flexible, remote working environment. You can expect a warm welcome from a friendly and international team that will support you in your personal and professional growth. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in the blockchain space and contribute to the decentralization of the future.
● Design, document, and implement quality backend architectures, services, and tooling that leverage the CosmosSDK / CometBFT technology stack
● Develop high-quality, performant, modern, clean and readable code within tight deadlines
● Work collaboratively with the engineering, design, and product teams, contributing ideas that add value to our product roadmap and company goals
● Own the development and maintenance of the project from ideation to deployment
● Minimum 7 years experience in designing and implementing quality backend architectures.
● Experience contributing to Cosmos SDK, CometBFT, IBC, Ethermint, and other modern consensus algorithms, ZK, base primitives, EVM, and Solidity used today in production.
● Minimum 5 years of experience working with Golang.
● Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
● Experience with distributed systems architecture
● Understanding of blockchain systems like Ethereum or Cosmos
● Good knowledge of cryptographic primitives such as public/private keys, hash functions and Merkle trees
● Experience with GitHub or other developer collaborative tools
Nice to Have
● Experience with Kubernetes and containerization and different cloud providers like AWS or GCP.
● Experience with performance optimizations
● Contribution to open-source projects
Work Remotely from anywhere in the world
Work on exciting things. The world of crypto is our playground!
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
* Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k retirement plans. For US Employees only.