Saga Terms of Service
Last Updated: September 8, 2022
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of (i) the website located at saga.xyz (or any successor links) and all associated web pages, websites, and social media pages (the “Site”) provided by Saga Chain Limited (“Saga”, “Company” “we”, “our” or “us”) and all of our subsidiaries and affiliates, (ii) mobile applications that may be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet (each an “App”), (iii) online services (including the Site and the App, together the “Services”) and (iv) products accessible via the Site and the App (the “Products”).
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, EXCEPT FOR (I) CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN SECTION 20, (II) WHERE YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION AS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 20, OR (III) TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SAGA WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A CLASS ARBITRATION, CLASS ACTION, ANY OTHER KIND OF REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, OR BY JURY TRIAL. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use our Products or Services.
We may indicate that different or additional terms, conditions, guidelines, policies, or rules apply in relation to some of our Products or Services (“Supplemental Terms”). Any Supplemental Terms become part of your agreement with us if you use the applicable Products or Services, and if there is a conflict between these Terms and the Supplemental Terms, the Supplemental Terms will control for that conflict. The following are Supplemental Terms:
We may make changes to these Terms. The “Last Updated” date above indicates when these Terms were last changed. If we make future changes, we may provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services, or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Products or Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must immediately stop using our Products and Services.
1. Your Information
You may provide certain information to Saga in connection with your access or use of our Products or Services, or we may otherwise collect certain information about you when you access or use our Products or Services. You agree to receive emails, SMS or text messages, and other types of communication from Saga via the Products or Services using the email address or other contact information you provide in connection with the Products or Services. You represent and warrant that any information that you provide to Saga in connection with the Products or Services is accurate.
2. Eligibility and Use Restrictions
(a) Jurisdiction. You may only use our Products or Services in jurisdictions authorized by Saga.
(b) Use and Sharing. You may only use our Products and Services for personal or business purposes. You may not share our Products or Services. You may share our Products or Services solely with users who have an active account and meet the age criteria set forth in Section 2(a) of these Terms.
You may create an account with Saga in order to use some or all of our Products and Services. You may not share or permit others to use your individual account credentials. You will promptly update any information contained in your account if it changes. You must maintain the security of your account, as applicable, and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. We reserve the right to reject, require that you change, or reclaim usernames, including on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those usernames.
4. User Content
(a) Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store, and share content, including reviews, messages, text, photos, videos, software, and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo) may be visible to others. If you choose to make any of your information publicly available through the Services, you do so at your own risk.
(b) Except for the license you grant below, as between you and Saga, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, excluding any portion of the Services included in your User Content. You grant Saga and its subsidiaries and affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly or otherwise perform and display, and exploit your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you or any third party. You hereby irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding User Content that you may have under any applicable law or under any legal theory.
(c) You may not create, post, store, or share any User Content for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above, and you represent and warrant that your User Content, and our use of such User Content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of any person or entity, including any third-party rights, or cause injury to any person or entity. You may not create, post, store, or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks, or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising, or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files or content; or
- In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose Saga or others to any harm or liability of any type.
(d)Enforcement of this Section 4 is solely at Saga’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. This Section 4 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by these Terms or that objectionable material will be promptly removed after it has been posted.
(e) We do not undertake to review all User Content, and we expressly disclaim any duty or obligation to undertake any monitoring or review of any User Content. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit, or monitor User Content, we may:
- delete or remove User Content or refuse to post any User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice, including without limitation for any violations of applicable law or these Terms;
- terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Products or Services if your User Content is reasonably likely, in our sole determination, to violate applicable law or these Terms;
- take any action with respect to your User Content that is necessary or appropriate, in Saga’s sole discretion, to ensure compliance with applicable law and these Terms or to protect any third-party rights, including third-party intellectual property and privacy rights (e.g., providing information to copyright owners in furtherance of Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown requests); and
- cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services.
5. Prohibited Conduct
(f) You will not use our Products or Services if you are not eligible to use our Products or Services in accordance with Section 2 and will not use our Products or Services other than for their intended purpose. Further, you will not, in connection with our Products or Services:
- Violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right, or other third-party right or commit a tort;
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account or information without authorization from that user and Saga;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Sell or resell our Products or Services;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, or publicly display all or portions of our Products or Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Products or Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Products or Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Products or Services or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of our Products or Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Products or Services or do anything that might discover source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Products or Services;
- Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Products or Services except in accordance with instructions contained in our robot.txt file and only to compile for search results, provided that Saga grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Saga reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice;
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Products or Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute, or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Link to any online portion of the Products or Services in a manner that damages or exploits, in our sole discretion, our reputation or suggests any form or association, approval, or endorsement by the Saga; or
- Use our Products or Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
(g) Enforcement of this Section 5 is solely at Saga’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances.
6. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, and other content contained therein, and Products, and all intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are owned by Saga or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services and Products, including all intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms (including Sections 4 and 5), you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for internal use and solely with respect to any applications included in the Services, install and use such application on a mobile or personal device that you own or control. Any use of the Products or Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights. Any applications included in the Services are licensed (not sold), and if you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of these Terms, you must immediately cease using the applicable application and remove (that is, uninstall and delete) the applicable application from your mobile or personal device.
Saga and our logos, product or service names, slogans, and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Saga and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and Saga names or logos mentioned on or in connection with the Products or Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit, or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials, or other information about Saga or our Products or Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback, or Products or Services, or to improve or develop new products, services, or the Products or Services in Saga’s sole discretion. Saga will exclusively own all improvements to, or new, Saga products, services, or Products or Services based on any Feedback. You understand that Saga may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
10. Third-Party Content
(a) Our Products and Services rely on or interoperate with third-party products and services, including, without limitation, data storage services, communications technologies, IoT platforms, third-party app stores, and internet and mobile operators (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). These Third-Party Materials are beyond our control, but their operation may impact, or be impacted by, the use and reliability of our Services and Products. You acknowledge that (a) the use and availability of the Products and Services is dependent on third-party product vendors and service providers and (b) these Third-Party Materials may not operate reliably 100% of the time, which may impact the way that our Products or Services operate.
(b) Specifically, certain items of independent, third-party code may be utilized in connection with the Products or Services that may be subject to open-source licenses (“Open-Source Software”). The Open-Source Software is licensed to us under the terms of the license that accompanies such Open-Source Software and may be licensed to you under the terms of the same license or through other terms. Nothing in the Terms limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, the terms and conditions of any applicable license for such Open-Source Software.
(c) We may further provide information about or links to third-party products, services, activities, or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party.
(d) We have no obligation to monitor Third-Party Materials or Third-Party Content, and we may block or disable access to any Third-Party Materials or Third-Party Content (in whole or part) through our Products or Services at any time. Your access to and use of such Third-Party Content or Third-Party Materials may be subject to additional terms, conditions, and policies applicable to such Third-Party Content (including terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third-Party Materials). You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any computer hardware, equipment, network services and connectivity, telecommunications services, and other products and services necessary to access and use the Products and Services.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Saga and our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners, and employees (individually and collectively, the “Saga Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Products or Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation, or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You will promptly notify Saga Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Saga Parties in defending such Claims, and pay all fees, costs, and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including attorneys' fees). The Saga Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Saga's sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Saga or the other Saga Parties.
Your use of our Products and Services and any content or materials provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us and to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, our Products, Services, and any content or materials provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Saga disclaims all warranties with respect to the foregoing, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Saga does not represent or warrant that our Products or Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free or that access to our Products or Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) will be uninterrupted. While Saga attempts to make your use of our Products and Services and any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Products or Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) or our servers are free of viruses or other harmful components or content or materials. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Products and Services and any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials). All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in these Terms) are made for the benefit of Saga, Saga Parties, and Saga’s respective shareholders, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers, and service providers, as well as their respective successors and assigns.
13. Limitation of Liability
(a) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Saga and the other Saga Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive, or special damages or lost profits, even if Saga or the other Saga Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
(b) The total liability of Saga and the other Saga Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the amount paid by you to use our Product or Services giving rise to the claim.
(c) The limitations set forth in this Section 18 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud, or intentional misconduct of Saga or the other Saga Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Saga and the other Saga Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
15. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU AND Saga TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH WE CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM EACH OTHER. ARBITRATION PRECLUDES YOU AND Saga FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND Saga AGREE THAT ARBITRATION WILL BE SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A CLASS ARBITRATION, CLASS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER KIND OF REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Saga AND YOU ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY A JURY.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF THE REQUIREMENT OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS OR ARBITRATIONS ARE ALLOWED UNDER THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
(a) For any dispute or claim that you have against Saga, that Saga has against you or that you have, or Saga has, in each case arising from, relating to, or stemming from these Terms, our Products or our Services, or any aspect of the relationship between you and Saga as relates to these Terms, our Products, or our Services, including any privacy or data security claims, (collectively, “Claims”, and each a “Claim”), you and Saga agree to attempt to first resolve the Claim informally via the following process. If you assert a Claim against Saga, you will first contact Saga by sending a written notice of your Claim (“Claimant Notice”) to Saga or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Claimant Notice must (i) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (ii) describe the nature and basis of the Claim; and (iii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Saga asserts a Claim against you, Saga will first contact you by sending a written notice of Saga’s Claim (“Saga Notice”), and each of a Claimant Notice and Saga Notice, a “Notice”) to you via email to the primary email address associated with your account. The Saga Notice must (i) include the name of a Saga contact and the contact’s email address and telephone number; (ii) describe the nature and basis of the Claim; and (iii) set forth the specific relief sought. If you and Saga cannot reach an agreement to resolve the Claim within thirty (30) days after you or Saga receives such a Notice, then either party may submit the Claim to binding arbitration as set forth below. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled for thirty (30) days from the date that either you or Saga first send the applicable Notice so that the parties can engage in this informal dispute-resolution process.
(b) Except for individual disputes that qualify for small claims court and any disputes exclusively related to the intellectual property or intellectual property rights of you or Saga, including any disputes in which you or Saga seek injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of your or Saga’s intellectual property or other infringement of your or Saga’s intellectual property rights (“IP Claims”), all Claims, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, including Claims that are not related to intellectual property or intellectual property rights but are jointly filed with IP Claims, that are not resolved in accordance with Section 20(a) will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator through final and binding arbitration instead of in a court by a judge or jury. Such Claims include, without limitation, disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this arbitration provision, including the enforceability, revocability, or validity of the arbitration provision or any portion of the arbitration provision. The arbitrator will have the authority to grant any remedy or relief that would otherwise be available in court.
(c) These Terms affect interstate commerce, and the enforceability of this Section 20 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., to the extent permitted by law.
(d) All Claims must be submitted to the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and will be resolved through binding arbitration before one arbitrator. If you are a consumer, the then-current version of the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules will apply, which are available on the AAA’s website (adr.org), as amended by these Terms as follows:
- YOU AND Saga AGREE THAT ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THESE TERMS WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED, AND YOU AND Saga ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP THE ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and, except as described below for the additional procedures to govern if twenty-five (25) or more similar or coordinated claims are asserted against Saga or you by the same or coordinated counsel, may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding, or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- For any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the consumer filing fee, and Saga will pay the remaining AAA fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Saga, Saga will pay all AAA fees and costs.
- For all arbitrations where the claims asserted are $25,000 or less, the arbitration shall be resolved according to the AAA’s Procedures for the Resolution of Disputes through Document Submission, and for all other arbitrations the following procedure will apply: (i) the arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate; (ii) any in-person appearances will be held at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances; and (iii) if the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the AAA or by the arbitrator.
- If you or Saga submits a dispute to arbitration and the arbitrator orders any exchange of information, you and Saga agree to cooperate to seek from the arbitrator protection for any confidential, proprietary, trade secret, or otherwise sensitive information, documents, testimony, and/or other materials that might be exchanged or the subject of discovery in the arbitration. You and Saga agree to seek such protection before any such information, documents, testimony, and/or materials are exchanged or otherwise become the subject of discovery in the arbitration.
- The arbitrator’s decision will follow these Terms and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim, or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of these Terms but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in these Terms will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you.
- The AAA Supplementary Rules for Multiple Case Filings and the AAA Multiple Consumer Case Filing Fee Schedule will apply if twenty-five (25) or more similar claims are asserted against Saga or against you by the same or coordinated counsel or are otherwise coordinated. In addition to the application of the AAA Supplementary Rules for Multiple Case Filings and the AAA Multiple Consumer Case Filing Fee Schedule, you and Saga understand and agree that when twenty-five (25) or more similar claims are asserted against Saga or you by the same or coordinated counsel or are otherwise resolved, your or Saga’s Claim might be delayed. For such coordinated actions, you and Saga also agree to the following coordinated bellwether process. Counsel for the claimants and counsel for Saga shall each select ten (10) cases (per side) to proceed first in individual arbitration proceedings as part of a bellwether process. The remaining cases shall not be filed or deemed filed in arbitration nor shall any AAA fees be assessed in connection with those cases until they are selected to proceed to individual arbitration proceedings as part of a bellwether process. If the parties are unable to resolve the remaining cases after the conclusion of the initial twenty (20) proceedings, each side shall select another ten (10) cases (per side) to proceed to individual arbitration proceedings as part of a second bellwether process. The remaining cases shall not be filed or deemed filed in arbitration nor shall any AAA fees be assessed in connection with those cases until they are selected to proceed to individual arbitration proceedings as part of a bellwether process. A single arbitrator shall preside over each case. Only one case may be assigned to each arbitrator as part of a bellwether process unless the parties agree otherwise. This staged process shall continue, consistent with the parameters identified above, until all the claims included in these coordinated filings, including your case, are adjudicated or otherwise resolved. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled for claims subject to this staged process from the time the first cases are selected for a bellwether process until the time your case is selected for a bellwether process, withdrawn, or otherwise resolved. A court shall have authority to enforce this paragraph and, if necessary, to enjoin the mass filing or prosecution of arbitration demands against Saga or you.
(e) One Year to Assert Claims. To the extent permitted by law, any Claim by you or Saga relating in any way to these Terms, our Products or our Services, or any aspect of the relationship between you and Saga as relates to these Terms, our Products, or our Services, must be filed within one year after such Claim arises; otherwise, the Claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Saga will not have the right to assert the Claim.
(f) You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted these Terms by providing us with notice of your decision to opt-out via email at email@example.com. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name, mailing address, and email address. The notice must also clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 21.
(g) If any portion of this Section 20 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, including but not limited to because it is found to be unconscionable, (i) the unenforceable or unlawful provision will be severed from these Terms; (ii) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision will have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 20 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 20; and (iii) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The litigation of those claims will be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 20 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 20 will be enforceable.
(h) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Terms, if you reside in any country outside of the United States, you may bring legal proceedings regarding the Terms either by following the arbitration procedure detailed above in this Section 20 of the Terms or, if given the right by applicable law, by submitting the dispute to an arbitration administrator in the jurisdiction in which you reside. To the extent any proceeding is not subject to arbitration under applicable law, you may submit the dispute to the courts of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
16. Governing Law
Any Claims will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of BVI, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. If any Claim is not subject to arbitration pursuant to Section 20, then the courts located in BVI will have exclusive jurisdiction. You and Saga waive any objection to venue in any such courts. If your local law requires that consumer contracts be interpreted subject to local law and enforced in the courts of that jurisdiction, this section may not apply to you only to the extent that local law conflicts with this section.
17. Modifying and Terminating Our Products or Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or terminate providing all or part of our Products or Services at any time; charge, modify, or waive any fees required to use the Products or Services; or offer opportunities to some or all end users of the Products or Services. We may provide you with notice in advance of the suspension or discontinuation of all or part of our Products or Services, such as by sending an email or providing a notice through our Products or Services. All modifications and additions to the Products and Services will be governed by the Terms or Supplemental Terms, unless otherwise expressly stated by Saga in writing. You also have the right to stop using our Products and Services at any time, and you may terminate these Terms by ceasing use of our Products and Services. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any portion of these Terms other than Section 20 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, including but not limited to because it is found to be unconscionable, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision will be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision will have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of these Terms; and (c) the unenforceable or unlawful provision may be revised to the extent required to render the Terms enforceable or valid, and the rights and responsibilities of the parties will be interpreted and enforced accordingly, so as to preserve the Terms and the intent of the Terms to the fullest possible extent.
19. Export Control
You are responsible for compliance with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
(a) Saga’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms reflect the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, statements, and understandings of the parties. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Use of the word “including” will be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.” Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. Communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
21. Additional Terms Applicable to Mobile Devices
The following terms apply if you install, access, or use the Services on any device that contains the iOS mobile operating system (the “iOS App”) developed by Apple Inc. (“Apple”).
(a) Acknowledgement. You acknowledge that these Terms are concluded solely between us, and not with Apple. Saga, not Apple, is solely responsible for this iOS App and the content thereof. You further acknowledge that the usage rules for the iOS App are subject to any additional restrictions set forth in the Usage Rules for the Apple iOS App Store Terms of Service as of the date you download the App, and in the event of any conflict, the Usage Rules in the Apple iOS App Store will govern if they are more restrictive. You acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review the Usage Rules.
(b) Scope of License. The license granted to you is limited to a non-transferable license to use the iOS App on any iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or any other Apple device that you own or control as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple iOS App Store Terms of Service.
(c) Maintenance and Support. You and Saga acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
(d) Warranty. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the iOS App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, paid to Apple for the iOS App by you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. The parties acknowledge that to the extent that there are any applicable warranties, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any such applicable warranty would be the sole responsibility of Saga. However, Saga has disclaimed all warranties of any kind with respect to the App, and therefore, there are no warranties applicable to the App.
(e) Product Claims. You and Saga acknowledge that as between Apple and Saga, Saga, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims relating to the iOS App or your possession and/or use of the iOS App, including, but not limited to (a) product liability claims, (b) any claim that the iOS App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(f) Intellectual Property Rights. The parties acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the iOS App or your possession and use of the iOS App infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights, Saga, and not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required under these Terms.
(g) Third-Party Terms of Agreement. You will comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the Services.
(h) Third-Party Beneficiary. Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
The following terms apply if you install, access, or use the Services on any device that contains the Android mobile operating system (the “Android App”) developed by Google, Inc. (“Google”):
(a) You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, and not with Google.
(b) Your use of our Android App must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service.
(c) Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the Android App. We, and not Google, are solely responsible for our Android App and the Services and content available thereon. Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to our Android App or these Terms.
(d) Google is a third-party beneficiary to the Terms as they relate to our Android App.