Last Updated: September 8, 2022
If you are a California resident, please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you varies depending on how you use our Services. We collect information when you provide it directly to us through our Services. More specifically, the types of personal information you may provide us include:
- Email address
- Social media handles or other contact information
- Github username
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Credit card or other payment information
- Any other information you choose to provide
Information You Provide As Part of an Employment Application
We collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, and phone number when you apply for employment with us through the Services. In addition, we may collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an online employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. If you download any of our mobile apps, we may access information you have stored on your mobile device operating system. For example, with your permission, we may access photos or videos from your mobile device photo gallery.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources. If you create or log into your Saga account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways to provide our Services to you, and we also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Saga and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Consider you for employment;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Saga and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
- Fulfill any action or purpose for which you consent or provide us direction.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and other third-parties that access personal information in order to perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you provide a product review or otherwise share content on our Services, we share this information with other users of our Services.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We share personal information with third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing.
- We may disclose or share your information in connection with an employment application to verify the information you provide.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Saga, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of Saga assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Saga.
- Personal information is shared between and among Saga and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Access And Choices About Your Information
You may access, update, and correct certain information at any time by logging into your account. If you need to access, update, or correct other information, you can send us a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please send us an e-mail, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
When you first launch any of our mobile apps that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile apps from your device. If you stop our collection of this location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Browser Do Not Track
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.